March 2, 2017
The two APAO plenary sessions will be held immediately before and after the Opening Ceremony at APAO 2017. As a highlight of the scientific program, these sessions feature highly distinguished speakers from around the world.
Co-sponsored by the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO), the 32nd APAO Congress will feature invited symposiums and workshops organized by the ICO.
- APAO-ICO Symposium: Diabetic Retinopathy Guidelines and Implementation—Lessons from the Clinical Practice Setting
- ICO-AAO Joint Symposium: Safety in the Clinic and Operating Room—Improving Patient Care and Staying Out of Trouble
- ICO International Guidelines to Improve Glaucoma Care
- ICO-WHO Symposium: How to Increase Resources for Eye Care Through Evidence-Based Advocacy
- The ICO Exams and Fellowships Symposium
- ICO Education Forum: Developing Critical Thinking Skills in Your Students
- ICO Education Forum: Managing Underperformance in Trainees—A Framework Towards Successful Remediation
- ICO Education Forum: Student, Faculty, and Program Evaluation
- ICO Education Forum: Technology Assisted Teaching and Learning—Reflective Learning
Cataract and Refractive Surgery Companion Symposiums
March 3, 2017
14:30 – 16:15, 16:15 – 18:00
Learn the pearls and pitfalls of intraocular lenses in contemporary cataract and refractive surgery in these two back-to-back companion symposiums chaired by world-renowned experts in the field. The International Society of Refractive Surgery symposium will be immediately followed by another session on IOL selection, totaling 105 minutes of lectures, discussions and Q&A sessions on important topics in this subspecialty.
Jose Rizal Medal
Donald Tan, FRCS(G), FRCS(Ed), FRCOphth, FAMS
APAO ICO Mark Tso Golden Apple Award
Lin-Chung Woung, MD, PhD
Taraprasad Das, MD, FRCS, DSc, FAMS
Vishal Jhanji, MBBS, MD, FRCS (Glasgow), FRCOphth (UK)